~Check back for future trainings~
a 200 hour yoga teacher training program
Are you ready to deepen your relationship to yoga? Interested in pursuing yoga teaching?
Embodiment YTTP is designed for those who have a love for yoga, born out of consistent practice, and feel called to enhance their knowledge and experience of yoga. Whether you are excited about becoming a yoga teacher, or simply desire to deepen your personal practice, this training will offer you instruction in the full spectrum of yoga. You will cultivate greater confidence and skill, as the training encourages each of us to seek out the best in ourselves and one another.
Embodiment has taken a unique approach towards the format of teacher training, using the Chakra System as inspiration. It is commonly taught that there are 7 chakras, or wheels of energy within the body–moving from the base of the spine, upwards towards the crown of the head. The lower chakras are more tangible, rooting us to the earth and informing our relationships with others and self; the heart is at the center of the system; and the remaining 3 chakras are more subtle and linked to intuition and expanding consciousness. Likewise, our training will begin with the foundation of all practices within Yoga: asana, pranayama, meditation, chanting, philosophy and so on. As we progress through the training, we will build on what we’ve already studied and develop a greater capacity to experience the more subtle effects of yoga, with heartfelt intention always at the center.
The training will take place between January-June, 2017 over 10 weekends, a format that allows you to balance the needs of work and family with your teacher training. The time between each YTTP weekend will allow you to process your experiences and assimilate the teachings; at the same time, completing the program in about 5 months maintains a steady pace that builds momentum and encourages both immersion in and retention of the material.
We will cover:
- How to practice and teach the most commonly taught yoga poses, as well as their energetics, sanskrit names, modifications and potential risks;
- Anatomy – both musculoskeletal and the nervous system;
- Pranayama (breathwork) and Meditation
- The History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Teaching skills, including how to observe students, using your voice, effective cues, sequencing, hands-on adjustments, and classroom management;
- Introduction to Yoga Nidra, Yoga for Seniors, Restorative Yoga and Prenatal Yoga
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Chanting, mantras and sanskrit
- The Business of yoga
What you receive as a part of our program:
- a warm, intimate group environment with personal attention
- a manual that will support your learning and teaching throughout the program and beyond
- a 20-class pass for classes at Simon Says Yoga
- a mentor who is available through email or in person for questions and concerns
- confidence and skills to apply to all areas of your life, as well as teaching yoga
- a certificate (upon completion of all requirements), that will allow you to register with Yoga Alliance
Want more information?
Come get to know us and get your questions answered!
Join us for one or both INFORMATION MEETINGS:
Sunday, October 16, 3:30-4:45 pm (INFO Session)
Friday, November 11, 6-8:30 pm (FREE Yoga Class and INFO Session)
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, see below: